Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Sunday


Today started off with a trip to Tractor Supply where we picked up a few essentials- bird seed, a feeder, and a suet. We did look at fencing options as well since we demolished the existing one yesterday. J came up with a great plan. It's going to look wonderful!

Then, we were off to Lowe's to pick out paint samples...again. I struck out with 2 of my 3 last time. Joshua had the idea of a burnt red. I was not so sure about it. I was thinking more along the lines of a lovely buff. We got samples of both and kept open minds.

When we got to the little house we cleared out the den area for carpet removal later and began sanding away again. Thank you, Daniel for all your help! :) After practically sanding our arms off it was time to rip up carpet. It came up very quickly as did the tack strips. We've demo-ed almost every inch of this little house and so far I haven't gotten hurt at all...that ended today. While pulling up a tack strip I blammed my hand with the crow bar! ouuuuuch! After bandaging my mortal wound, I cautiously helped clean up the  ripped up underlayment. Thankfully, Kat came up and she pretty much took over my role. Thank you, Kat Kat!



To end the day Joshua, put up the paint samples to see what we thought. We decided to take a vote. What do you think? Keep in mind that pictures don't exactly do the colors justice. Feel free to comment! :) :) :)

These are the choices for the kitchen area...personally, I'm loving what J picked out.

 These are the choices for the den area, hall, and bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment