Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another Cottage in the Country

This weekend I got to help work on a different cottage out here in the country!

Back at Christmas all the nieces and nephews on the land gave our Aunt Deb a coupon for a nice sprucing up of her yard. Bradley, who was a faithful help each weekend during our remodel, has been patiently leading the project. Finally, this weekend we were able to really get the ball rolling. Even though there weren't many cousins on the land, we got a head start on the project. Who knew that the first weekend in May would be so eventful?! Nevertheless, Bradley, Rachel, Joseph, and I started it off! Rachel, Joseph, and I teamed up to tackle the flower beds. It wasn't too long before we got pretty excited when I found a snake and Joseph single-handedly chopped it in half (this is of course the only responsible thing to do when one finds a snake.)

No, that is not a worm- it is a dangerous baby snake
...well, maybe not dangerous but a snake nonetheless... 

Unfortunately, with the heat and the requirement of pretty strong physical labor we didn't last too long. Joseph had to leave to get ready for Benjamin's graduation and Rachel and I didn't last too much longer. However, Bradley continued to power wash the house all-day-long.We do feel slightly bad for not staying out longer but I think we have a good plan for finishing up the flower bed project on an upcoming weekend. At the end of the day the house looked l-o-v-e-l-y! She has such a nice front porch looking out over her manicured lawn. (Dad helped out a lot by cutting the yard!) Now, it just looks so inviting and will be even more beautiful with plants and flowers!  I can't wait to help plant the flowers and rose bushes! It's going to look GREAT! I did take a 'before' picture and I'll share it once I get to take an 'after' picture to go with it! I'm so excited to get to be part of this project for Aunt Deb. She is always thinking of sweet things to do for us or bringing home fun sursies. Aunt Deb is definitely one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known. She is always thinking of others!

We LOVE you, Aunt Deb and can't wait to finish up this project for you! You are going to love, love, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment